I figured I'd skip right to the end, beat the crowds.
That said, the year is getting a little long i the tooth. And, that got me thinking. And, that got me blogging. It's been another rough year. What's new? I'm getting good at dealing with it. I'm an Elan survivor. I'm going to outlast the cockroaches.
Anyway, it's been a great year in a lot of ways. I've sold over a hundred books with no promotion skills, and I've been bombarded with praise about my books. I'm humbled by the praise. It means the world to me. I thank you all for the opportunity to tell my stories.
But then I get to thinking again, and I'm left with a question. Where's the lawsuit?
I made it clear in A Life Gone Awry that I am not Gzasmyhero, the person Sharon Terry accused of negative attacks on her school. The person she credited with closing it down. But, I told her I was, and I've given Danny Bennison a dozen reasons to call a lawyer, but no lawsuit
. I accused him of sex crimes and he did nothing. Why? What the fuck are they hiding that they've done nothing?
But Elan is closed, and everyone has basically accepted that. I think we all know those secrets are buried so deep no one will ever find them. What happened in Poland Springs stays in Poland Springs.
But we have some great stories. Even survivors of other programs can't believe it.
We also have that toughness. We're going to be around for a while. Maybe some day someone will start digging. It'll be a hell of a story. Hopefully I'll be around for it.
I want history to show that my part in closing Elan was small. It was nice though. I got to shove it in their faces and walk away scot free.
Ya see, I don't think they covering up abuse, that wouldn't have much of an impact on a program that's closed. I think there's something financial that could cost them a fortune
I think a lot of things
Whatever you celebrate, I wish you the best. Happy Holidays. Happy Holy Days. Happy days. Make them all important.
Peace
Happy Everything, Wayne. You deserve joy.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThank you. same to you
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're blogging again. Happy-happy to you, too.
ReplyDeleteYou too Jenn :)
ReplyDeletethank you Wayne , great post. I also wonder what elan is hiding. It might be that they are afraid of the Phil williams ring death. You know Wayne there are witnesses to this incident.
ReplyDeleteI also wonder if its the political connections that allowed elan to do what it did for so long . I also wonder if Martin Kruglik and Jeffery Gottlieb and Sharon Terry are afaid of a serious investigation like the one being conducted by Mr. Freeh into the Peen State thing that is going back 36 years.
the sadistic criminal abuse that passed for therapy is just really starting to come to the light of day. Yes sometimes I find it to be so surreal, at some of the things I witnessed and experienced.
I know what you mean Wayne , you think ,I wonder.
Happy New Year to you Wayne and everyone else .
Peace
Matt Hoffman
I'd like to talk to the medical examiner now that Joe Ricci is dead
ReplyDeleteHi Wayne, good luck to you too and let's hope the new year brings great things :)
ReplyDelete